Wednesday, July 9, 2014

“Leadership Is A Natural Part Of Who We Are As First Nations People!”


Recognizing and acknowledging Our Mob who served our Country in Australia's Military conflicts is a long time in coming...

My tears of pride, sadness, joy and love flowed freely when my Pop Private Archibald Newfong and my Great Uncle Private Robert Edward Crouch were amongst 66 other Quandamooka Servicemen and Servicewomen who were Honoured at by the Quandamooka community, Redland City Council and the wider Redlands community on Monday at the official Opening of NAIDOC Week.

As I listened to Aunty Rose Borey and Uncle Bob Anderson give Welcome To Quandamooka Country and felt our Spiritual Ancestors gather as the Yulu Burri Ba dancers sung them up I knew with every fibre in my being that leadership is not something that you do. It is part of who we are...
"Lest We Forget"



0 comments:

Post a Comment