Saturday, August 2, 2014

Caring for the Indigenous People Of Australia

SHARING IS. CARING!


Yarra, Yarra...
This weekend me & my family have come home to our Ancestral Land - Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island).
Whilst I was showing my sons Lawson & Archie our Middens & telling them the stories of Our Old People & Our Old Ways - I felt a Deep Spiritual shift happen within me. 
I was so present to the sacredness of our "Old Ways".
I got that all that special knowledge continues to give me who I am as a Gorri woman & my Belonging to Country - it has never left me - it is encoded within my DNA. 
As I shared with my boys today I passed these Quandamooka stories onto them AND into them. 
I know as long as we keep our Stories alive in this modern time our Quandmooka Culture & Identity will continue to Thrive...
Cultural & Family Leadership is all Our Responsibility...
Yarra Yarra. Wendy



0 comments:

Post a Comment