Monday, August 4, 2014

STARS with Powerful Australian Hands

"I AM POWERFUL"

Tonight I watched Q and A which was hosted live from the 2014 Garma Festival in Arnhem Land.

The panellists were community and political leaders - Djawa Yunupingu, Joe Morrison, Nova Peris, Dhanggal Gurruwiwi, Ken Wyatt and Noel Pearson.

To be honest before the program started I was feeling a little flat and tired and I started to question myself. "Is what I am doing enough, how can the work of the STARS Institute reach more people, what if , what if, what if...my internal critic was going off it's head for about 30 minutes before the program, focusing on everything that was wrong, bad and evil....

During the program I was reminded again that "I am powerful."

Each of the panellists were very different in many ways, but the one thing that struck me the most which they all had in common was their undying commitment and love for their people and their stand for what they believed to be right and just.

Watching Q and A quickly shut my internal critic up and I was again refocused and restored knowing and appreciating that we all have a role to play. True hay, it is my responsibility to fulfill on my role to the best of all my abilities.

My Ancestors once told me that "sometimes in life girl you are going to feel alone when you're doing the work you were sent here to do, but you will never be alone...we will always be here walking beside you, guiding you each step of the way."

YES I am POWERFUL! And Thank You for the reminder!

Yarra Yarra
Wendy

0 comments:

Post a Comment