Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Empowerment

I got a new understanding about self-empowerment that I wanted to share with you. 

When I can say to myself that I am willing to be 100% responsible for my life and the choices and decisions I make then I experience being empowered. I am not waiting on others to do it to me or for me I am my own go to self-empowerment person...

I used to think to myself when my 4 year old and 13 year old sons stop stirring each other up then I'll show calmness and patience...let me tell you that approaching wasn't working too well for me or the boys.

But the moment I choose to BE calm and loving with the boys even when part of me wanted to scream at them "stop fighting" a sense of peace occurred within me and within them...I was still able to say to them "stop fighting" but it was coming from me being centred and calm rather then being from a place of anger and resentment. What I have found is that when I am being this way with them, their battles are fewer and they are now usually able to sort their power struggles out between themselves very quickly.

Choosing to be 100% responsible for how I Be in any given situation is one essence of self-empowerment. And what I love is that when I Be self-empowerment on a stick it gives my boys permission to Be the same.

Many a great leadership lesson has come from allowing my children to grow me up...
Wendy     

0 comments:

Post a Comment